I can't tell you that.
No one can.
The truth is it is impossible to tell you how much auto insurance cost without knowing at least the following pieces of information.
1. How many accidents/violations have you had in the last 5 years? Some people do and some do not know this answer.
2. What is your credit score? Most do not know the answer to this.
3. What vehicle(s) are you driving? Comp/Collision? Tort option?
4. What is your date of birth?
5. Are you married, do you own a home? Do you have any policies with one of the carriers that we represent?
These are just a few things that are needed just to give you a ballpark figure. So, as you can see, it is impossible for an agent to give you a quote without knowing everything mentioned above. The best agents will ask for much more information than this.
You should always get more than 1 quote when shopping for an auto or homeowners insurance policy. The reason for this is because all carriers have a different business model. Sure, some are very similar, but all are different. Some carriers want to write business in the inner cities, some want to write in the burbs and some in the boonies. This is the beauty of the independent agent, we can look at many different carriers. However, even if you get a great rate from an Independent agent, you may still want to get a quote from another carrier like State Farm or Allstate.
It's free!!!! Why not.
Remember...the best price does not always mean the best policy or carrier. So before you buy, consider claim service, customer service and above all, make sure you have enough coverage.
But that is a different post for a different day.
Have you ever shopped around for auto insurance?
RBA/The Laskey Group